The McDonalds Restaurant Food Service Supervisor position is operational in nature and involves the supervision of team member activities on shift to ensure that standards around people, product, cleanliness, and Exceptional Guest Experience are fulfilled.
Positions: Food Services Supervisor
Duration: Full-time / Permanent
Number of Vacancies: Two (2)
Salary: $15.75 per hour
Location: Gravenhurst, Ontario
Hours of Work: 40 Hours a week; Overtime applicable at the rate of 1.5 after 44 hours of work per week.
Hours of Work: Full Time. Shifts including weekends and holidays.
· To assist the salaried management team in ensuring the efficient running of the restaurant in accordance with company policies and guidelines and the Company Plan to Win. To provide leadership, coaching and direction to all crew members to ensure there is an engaged, motivated and skilled team who are customer focused and Brand Ambassadors.
· The Food Service Supervisor directly reports to the Restaurant Manager. In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principles accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
· Follows the people positioning guide and organizes and directs crew members on all stations to ensure a smooth and efficient operation.
· Helps to refine operational abilities of crew members, by use of ‘on the job training’ techniques and by corrective coaching.
· Actively engages and motivates staff day to day through the use of basic people practices, reward and recognition.
· Helps crew members to become competent in all areas by completing SOCs as required and or supporting the crew trainers to do so, day to day.
· Completes Crew Trainer SOCs.
· Supports the Training Manager in the delivery of the store training grade.
· Assists as required in the delivery of crew performance reviews.
· Participates in crew training classes as required.
· Participates in the orientation and initial training of Crew Members as required.
· Completes pre, during and post shift checklists to plan and organize a smooth operation with excellent QS&C, whilst achieving secondary responsibilities.
· Performs tasks required to raise the store’s standards of QS&C in alignment with the ROIP Action Plan. Handles customer complaints efficiently, politely and professionally.
· Can recognize the visual characteristics of good quality products and acts to achieve and maintain gold standard products at all times.
· Is responsible for and understands the importance of adhering to all Food Safety and Health and Safety policies and regulations.
· Ensures all products and menu items are available always. Supervises acceptance and recording of deliveries.
· Performs basic paperwork, enters daily waste/e-meals and inventory, completes cashing up/banking, checks hunter records, closes and opens the system.
· Attends and actively participates in managers meetings, putting forward ideas and contributing to the ongoing improvement and success of the restaurant.
· Takes responsibility for set goal areas, usually in line with ROIP and works diligently to improve their area, providing updates and feedback to managers meetings.
· Always presents him/herself to customers and fellow employees in such a manner as to be an asset and a credit to McDonald’s and him/herself.
· Post-Secondary college diploma in food service administration, hotel and restaurant management or related discipline;
· Minimum two years of experience in food service administration, food preparation or service are required;
· Must have effective oral and written communication skills in English;
· Must be physically able to perform all delegated duties; and
· Punctuation and Dependability is a must.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org