Caffe Artigiano, located at 100-125 Victory Ship Way, North Vancouver BC, is looking for an experienced Cafe Supervisor. This is a permanent, full-time position (40 hours/week).
The job duties will include: supervise coffee operations; oversee usage of espresso machine; co-ordinate and schedule the activities of staff who prepare, portion and serve food; estimate and order ingredients and supplies for food and beverages preparation; establish methods to meet work schedules; maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage; train staff on use of espresso machine, other job duties, and sanitation and safety procedures; and ensure that food, beverages and service meet quality control standards.
The expected start date is: as soon as possible
The wage offered is: $15.00/hour
Benefits include 4% vacation pay.
The location of work is: 100-125 Victory Ship Way, North Vancouver BC.
Education: secondary school
Language: oral and written English required; other language an asset
– min. 2 years of experience in working in and running a cafe, including supervisory experience
– advanced knowledge of working in and running a cafe
– preferred if a candidate has experience working on La Marzocco Espresso machine
– European experience an asset as we are a Italian inspired cafe
– coming in ample time to prep croissants and other baked goods is an asset
– excellent customer service is a must
– strong personality with professional appearance required
– personable, outgoing, good with customers and self-confident
– ability to be entrusted with handling cash sales
– experience in a high-end/luxury environment an asset
– experience in a family run business an asset
If you are interested and meet all the requirements of the position, please send your resume to Derrick Gaede by email at email@example.com or by mail addressed to Caffe Artigiano, 105 -2999 Underhill Ave, Burnaby BC V5A 3C2