Canada Cartage is seeking AZ Drivers
New Drivers Welcome
Sign on BONUS of $2250
Jumpstart your transportation career with Canada Cartage! With locations across Canada, Canada Cartage is a recognized leader in transportation logistics delivering customized solutions for the transportation, distribution and warehousing marketplace. We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package, advancement opportunities and career development.
Our ProTrainer programs will newly licensed Drivers join the industry to become a safe and comfortable Class AZ Driver. Through the ProTrainer program, you will receive paid, on-the-road training with an experienced, knowledgeable driver. Your one-on-one learning plan will be customized to your identified areas of growth. You will become a confident driver, develop safe habits and gain in-depth valuable industry knowledge. After you successfully complete the ProTrainer program, you will be offered full-time employment as a Class AZ Driver with Canada Cartage.
EMPLOYER NAME: Canada Cartage
BUSINESS ADDRESS: 1115 Cardiff Boulevard, Mississauga, ON L5S 1L8
POSITION: Tractor-trailer truck driver (Class AZ Long Haul)
LOCATION: Greater Toronto Area (including Mississauga, Whitby, Ajax, Pickering, Milton, Burlington, Oakville, Caledon, King, Stouffville, Markham, Toronto, Halton Hills)
STATUS: Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: $20.40/hour ($47,736 minimum yearly), min 45 hours per week, Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, Group Insurance Benefits, Pension Plan Benefits, Other Benefits
TOTAL POSITIONS: 70
· Loading and unloading of goods
· Inspect, operate and maintain company and customer issued equipment
· Document and report all safety related equipment defects to the dispatch (when applicable)
· Exercise safe-work practices in all work related activities (e.g. – using proper material handling equipment)
· Maintain communication with company dispatch office to report daily activity, delays, unscheduled breaks, workplace injuries, motor vehicle collisions and vehicle, cargo, equipment and property loss/damage
· Complete and submit all documentation required for payroll, customer billing, hours of service, vehicle maintenance etc.
· Inspect cargo prior to accepting and apply appropriate cargo securement (when applicable) as per NSC Standard 10.
· Must be willing and able to hand bomb products into delivery locations as required and requested
· Always comply with hours of service and TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) regulations
Skills and Abilities:
· Document knowledge: -Driver logbook, inspection report, (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), maintenance and repair reports, trip reports, accident or incident reports.
· Essential Skills: -Significant use of memory, continuous learning, finding information, job task planning and organizing, critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, working with others, oral communication, writing, document use, reading text.
· Type of Travel: -Local, Short Haul, Long Haul, Regional, Provincial/territorial. Being away from home for 3-5 days, evening and weekend work may be required.
· Type of Trucking: – Tractor Trailer, Flatbed, Tanker
· A valid Class AZ license- no experience necessary
· Clean Drivers abstract (no greater than 30 days old)
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds – hand bombing may be required.
· Provide criminal record check
· Professional in appearance
· Professional in customer service
If you meet the above qualifications, please apply with your CVOR Abstract.
How to Apply –
Fill out an application – https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oxWN7fw7&s=CanadaCartage
For other inquiries you can also visit our website at https://www.canadacartage.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our organization, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Qualified candidates will be guaranteed a road test.
Canada Cartage LP is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women.
About Canada Cartage Systems
Canada Cartage Provides Dedicated Fleet Outsourcing, Managed Transportation, Warehousing and Fulfillment Solutions, and Home Delivery
Founded in 1914, Canada Cartage is the country's largest provider of outsourced fleet solutions, providing dedicated equipment and drivers to both small and large firms. Canada Cartage also provides a complete range of supply chain and logistics services including integrated managed transportation and fulfillment solutions.