CEFA Early Learning is looking for teachers with their ECE certification to join our team of experienced educators! We are a Junior Kindergarten program known for our enriched curriculum, CEFA certified teachers, and innovative approach to Early Childhood Education. Our exciting program has been designed to inspire children to learn, get involved in projects, and have a wonderful school experience that they can carry with them to Elementary School and beyond. Our school offers the opportunity for professional development and career advancement into management positions.
Openings: full-time position
Job Location: Suite 402, Capilano Mall (935 Marine Drive) North Vancouver
Hours of work: 7.5 hours a day, Monday to Friday (Full time)
Start Date: ASAP
* A valid Early Childhood Educator License to practice in BC.
* A valid First Aid Certificate
* Enthusiastic about planning and teaching curriculum in a classroom setting
* Previous work experience or practicums in an early childhood environment is an asset
* Spanish speaking is an asset as we incorporate Spanish into our weekly curriculum
* Foodsafe Certification is an asset
*Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
*Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, taking children to local points of interest and providing opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
*Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
*Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
*Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
*Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
*Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
We offer many wonderful benefits:
* Starting Salary: $3,050- $3,150 a month + $2/hour ECE Wage enhancement.
* Daily breakfast, lunch, and snack provided for teachers by our Chef
* Spring Break, August Break (paid), and Winter Break off
* 4% Vacation Pay
* Five paid Flex Days off (to be used for sick days, vacation time, etc.)
* Full extended health benefits coverage
* Tuition discount for your child(ren)
* Training provided in our CEFA philosophy (fully paid)
* Paid preparation time to create activities
* Team building activities and staff parties
* Great work environment in a beautiful facility
* No after work cleaning required. We have janitors to do the daily cleaning.
If you are interested in joining our lovely team, please send your resume at your earliest convenience at email@example.com or by phone at 604.929.2332