Eagle Ridge Veterinary Hospital in Sechelt, British Columbia is looking to grow our team and nurture the establishment of an exceptional full-time Veterinary Technician (Small Animal).
Although independently operated, our hospital is part of P3 Veterinary Partners, an innovative Canadian Veterinary Practice group of hospitals whose vision is to be the best place to work in veterinary healthcare. This allows our team members across Canada the benefit of being a part of a network of veterinary professionals, with opportunities to learn, share and develop skills internally. With additional management support and resources, you are sure to feel like a part of something very special within the Canadian veterinary industry. Our purpose is to empower veterinary teams to live their passion and focus on unparalleled care for pets and the people who loves them.
About Eagle Ridge Veterinary Hospital: Eagle Ridge Veterinary Hospital is a wholly-owned subsidiary of P3 Veterinary Partners that provides quality in-house services including general medicine, dentistry and surgery for small animals. We also offer services such as behavioural, nutrition, and dermatological consults. We provide complete veterinary services suited to the needs of you and your pet.
We are offering an incredible opportunity for a full-time Veterinary Technician (Small Animal).
Our incredible team is experienced, and works together to make sure we are providing the best care, every single visit. We support our patients and clients unconditionally, and believe you deserve no less as a colleague and member of our team. We are a passionate team dedicated to practicing fear free and high-quality medicine, and are currently searching for a positive team player who is equally passionate about veterinary medicine.
The Sunshine Coast’s belt of paradise on the Pacific Ocean offers those with a love for the great outdoors the chance to live the West Coast lifestyle, while simultaneously enjoying quick access to mainland British Columbia. It’s only a 40-minute ferry ride to Vancouver’s Horseshoe Bay terminal! Spend time hiking with family and friends, mountain biking, diving, kayaking, or traversing the world class provincial park sites. The region boasts approximately 844 identified trails covering over 1570 kilometers, complete with soaring eagles, deer, and bears. A truly Canadian experience, without the heavy snow! Where else in Canada could you spend a Saturday morning kayaking, the afternoon enjoying amenities in a city as renowned as Vancouver, and the evening cheering on the NHL’s Canucks at ice level? The Sunshine Coast is calling… to all qualified Veterinary Technicians interested in this beautiful balance of work and play.
We value Veterinary Technicians, and prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Wage Range: $16.00 per hour – $26.00 per hour (Canadian Dollars)
- Continuing Education (CE); CE includes payment of up to $1,500 towards education programs that will enhance and advance veterinary skills and knowledge, and be of mutual benefit to you and the Hospital, plus up to five (5) days paid leave to attend such continuing education. Additional CE is possible if it will enhance and further the business;
- A comprehensive Health Benefits package (100% of extended Medical & Dental premiums paid);
- Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, etc.);
- Vision coverage;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues;
- Professional Liability Insurance coverage;
- Paid Vacation time;
- Paid Sick & Personal Days;
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount);
- Uniform Allowance;
- Relocation bonus available (which includes round-trip transportation)
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we’d love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace. If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Job Duties: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Provide nursing care and rehabilitation therapy for animals
- Handle, restrain and care for animals undergoing treatment and surgery
- Produce radiographs, collect and analyse samples and perform other laboratory tests to assist in diagnosis of animal health problems
- Assist veterinarian with animals before, during and following surgery by preparing surgical equipment, administering and monitoring anaesthetics and cleaning up after surgery
- Prepare and administer medications and vaccines under direction of a veterinarian
- Administer treatments as prescribed by a veterinarian
- Provide wound and bandage care
- Conduct specialized procedures such as animal identification and hoof trimming
- Educate and advise clients on animal health care including nutrition and home care
- Assist in laboratory research
- Perform routine animal dental procedures and assist veterinarians with animal dentistry
- May perform a variety of office management and clerical duties.
About Us: P3 Veterinary Partners is an innovative Canadian veterinary practice group whose vision is to be the best place to work in veterinary health care. Our purpose is to empower veterinary teams to live their passion and focus on unparalleled care for pets and the people who love them.
Company Operating Name: P3 Veterinary Partners Inc.
Business Address: 435 Reynolds Street (Suite # 306), Oakville, Ontario L6J 3M5
Title of Position: Veterinary Technician (Small Animal)
Terms of Employment: Full-time, permanent
Official Language/Language of Work: English
Salary Range: Wage Range: $16.00 per hour – $26.00 per hour (Canadian Dollars)
Location of Work: 5595 Sunshine Coast Highway, Sechelt, British Columbia, V0N 3A2
Name: Matthew Verwey
Telephone Number (Cell): 1-289-218-7041
Level of Education Required: Veterinary Technician degree
- Completion of a two- or three-year Veterinary Technology college program from an accredited program in British Columbia, or equivalent, as assessed by the International Credential Assessment Service of Canada.
Skill Requirements/Work Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Veterinary Technician/Technologist within North America (a Letter of Professional standing must be sent from your existing association to the BCVTA if you are an RVT in North America wishing to move to and practice in British Columbia as an RVT); or
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Veterinarian, Veterinary Surgeon, Veterinary Technician/Technologist, or Veterinary Nurse outside of Canada.